This qualification is suitable for those maintaining health, safety or security within the marina environment.
Your job role could include:
- Preparing boats for moving, lifting and storage
- Moving boats
- Cleaning hulls
- Inspecting and maintaining rigging
- Preparing docks and slipways for receiving boats
- Maintaining pontoons and general maintenance
By the end of the course you will have core knowledge that can be put into practice in a variety of different circumstances.
Minimum entry requirements
- GCSE Grade 4 or above for English and Maths
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed using the following methods:
- Physical evidence or simulation of satisfactory occupational skills in the workplace.
- Verbal and written questioning of occupational knowledge.
- Verbal and written questioning of underpinning knowledge.
Information & support
This is following completion of the Marina Operatives course.
You must complete or have completed at least one transferable skills qualifiaction in both Enligsh and Maths. Without this you cannot successfully complete the qualification and a certificate cannot be awarded.
What can I do with this qualification?
Further qualifications after reaching supervisory level endorsed by the British Marine Federation:
- Intermediate Marina Managers course
- Advanced Marina Managers School
- Certified Marina Operative
- Certified Marina Manager
- Certified Marina Professional