Mathematics AS & A Level Year 1 – Distance Learning with Tutorials
E-Learning - September 2017
There is a fee of £550 for completion of this course.
Course fees include one sitting for each examination, 22 hours group tutorial and laboratory time, and 4 hours individual support as detailed above.
This course allows students to complete the first year of the GCE Chemistry A level qualification. It has the convenience and flexibility of being delivered mostly by distance learning.
Teaching & learning
Learning will be mostly by student self-study using a dedicated textbook with online support and an extensive range of resources available through the College's virtual learning environment (eBrock).
It is therefore essential to have access to the internet.
Minimum entry requirements
Students will need good independent study skills and a minimum grade A in GCSE Maths ot equivalent is preferable.
How will I be assessed?
The AS assessment is made up of two examinations covering pure, mechanics and statistics topics which are 90 minutes each.
Students hoping to progress onto year 2 will be assessed for the full A level through 3 examination papers.
Information & support
- All students are required to attend a two hour group induction workshop.
- There is also a series of ten evening workshops which take two and a half hours each. These workshops will be at 3 – 4 weekly intervals.
- Students will receive a minimum of 4 hours individual support via email, telephone, Skype or face to face.
- Workshops and individual support will be led by an experienced A level Maths tutor.
- Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
- Practical help and advice is provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
Successful completion of this course allows progression to the A2 course to achieve a full GCE A level qualification in Mathematics.