If you have a talent for mathematics and would like to get more out of the subject, then Further Maths is your opportunity to excel.
As a student you will complete two different A Levels in mathematics over two years. In the first year you will study Year 1 A Level Maths and AS Further Maths. In the second year, you will complete the full A Level courses in Maths and Further Maths.
As a result, you will have scaled the heights of mathematics at further education level and will be well prepared to pursue a maths related subject at a top university.
Why choose Brock for Mathematics (Further) A level?
At Brock we have a team of highly experienced and dedicated teachers who specialise in teaching A Level Maths and Further Maths.
You will learn in dedicated Further Maths groups in both the first and second years, studying alongside students with similar abilities. The benefit of this is that you can challenge yourself to progress faster.
Furthermore, your lessons will take place in high quality maths teaching rooms located within our new state-of-the-art STEM building.
Teaching & learning
In addition to traditional classroom learning, we give you extra opportunities for support and enrichment.
Indeed, every year Brock students take part in the regional Senior Team Maths Challenge competition, pitting themselves against teams from other local schools and colleges.
We also facilitate trips further afield, including visits to central London and elsewhere for stimulating talks by leading researchers.
- Build on your maths abilities by expanding your set of skills and techniques for solving challenging number problems.
- Develop your algebra and calculus abilities by learning about topics such as complex numbers and matrices.
- Extend techniques of mechanics and statistics, and learn about new areas including decision maths, which is related to computer algorithms.
- Study alongside similarly gifted mathematicians in a special class.
- Improve your chances of being offered a place at a top university by evidencing your success in this rigorous academic subject.
Minimum entry requirements
Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
- Maths grade 7
- Other GCSEs average grade 6.0
- GCSE English grade 5
What can I do with this qualification?
Many of our most successful students follow this course. This is largely because an A Level in Further Mathematics is a highly regarded qualification that can support you in applying to top universities.
Importantly, it provides a springboard to studying Maths and other highly mathematical subjects like Physics and Chemistry at degree level. It will also help you with many other degree subjects such as those related to Engineering and Computer Science.
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C