This course is for beginners who are interested in the Internet, Email, Mobile devices and IT Security.
By the end of the course the learner will:
- Compose and format email messages
- Send and receive email messages
- Understand connection messages
- Use browser tools and settings
- Use search techniques
- Set up referencing
- Set up a mobile device and adjust settings
- Use different applications on a mobile device
- Store and retrieve data on a mobile device
- Transfer information
- Understand the risks that can exist when using online equipment
- Know how to safeguard self and others when working online
- Follow legal constraints and guidelines when working online
How will I be assessed?
The work will be assessed by the Tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help improve skills.
The final assessment will take the form of practical assignments which are marked by the Tutor and externally moderated by the examination board, OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA). The overall qualification will be ITQ Level 1 Certificate for IT Users.
Information & support
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file and a flash/pen drive (for saving files to take home). The tutor will advise in the first lesson.
Although it is not a requirement of the course to have a computer at home, it is essential that learners attend regularly and practice between lessons, this can be done by using the college equipment in the Learning Resource Centre on the main Brockenhurst site.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
The College offers a variety of courses to further your skills in using computer software.