Whether you are a musician or an aspiring music technician, this course will give you opportunities to develop your skills in delivering sophisticated performances.
It is designed for people who would like to work in the music industry or develop their skills to create, produce and promote music.
You will study and practise in our large Music department, where you will have access to facilities including modern rehearsal rooms and recording studios.
Why choose Brock for Music Industry Skills Level 2 Diploma?
At Brock we give you a Performing Arts department with excellent facilities.
You will benefit from two studio theatres, a band room, a large performance space, four sound studios, two sprung dance studios, three rehearsal studios, props and costume areas, two Mac suites, and two lighting and sound gantries.
In addition, you can enjoy performances and workshops led by visiting performance companies, which will be invited in to college by your teachers regularly.
Teaching & learning
This course is about experiencing all areas musical performance, becoming embedded in the music community and specialising in your favourite aspects.
When not performing, you will be planning, designing, and rehearsing for your next big performance opportunity.
Throughout the course you will visit various theatres and concert venues to watch performances and gigs.
You will also have opportunities to tour backstage areas and meet professional performers and musicians.
- Assist with the running of a live performance, giving you the hands-on experience you will need to enter the industry.
- Contribute to the technical production of a live performance in order to gain hands-on experience.
- Participate in key aspects of assembling and disassembling a sophisticated music production.
- Gain an important awareness of fundamental health and safety issues, which any prospective employer will want to see.
- Learn about effective customer service to enable you to deliver on your briefs effectively.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade 3 and above to include:
- English Language
- Performing Arts subject (preferable)
- Foundation Certificate in a related subject. Merit or Distinction if taken.
An interest in all aspects of music or related work. You must be well-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work as a member of a team.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on coursework and practical activities.
What can I do with this qualification?
This programme is the perfect springboard for gaining employment or an apprenticeship working backstage in a music venue or similar performance space.
It is also the ideal preparation for a Level 3 programme in a related area, which can in turn lead to higher education in the form of a degree or HND course.
The enthusiasm of the teachers and the sense of independence the College instills in its students is why I chose Brock.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C