You can elevate your skills and knowledge in patisserie and confectionery under the guidance of a former Pastry Chef from the Ritz Hotel in London, thanks to this learning opportunity.
Why choose Brock for Patisserie & Confectionery City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate?
At Brockenhurst College we have a dedicated professional-standard kitchen with enhanced demonstration facilities to support your learning and enable you to practise your newly-acquired skills.
You will also have the support of a food technician, which means you will everything you need to hand.
Teaching & learning
This course will be delivered by your chef tutor at your pace. Indeed, every learner is important, so the programme is focused individually.
Importantly, all notes and recipes required for the course will be provided with clear and suitably-paced instructions.
Demonstrations are an essential part of the learning process, and the practical and theory assessments will be discussed in detail at least one week before you will attempt them.
You will study the following areas:
- Fermented goods including breads, Danish pastries, brioche, croissants and pain au chocolate.
- Hot, cold and frozen desserts including soufflés, ice creams, mousses and sorbets.
- Cakes biscuits and sponges including Victoria, genoese and joquonde sponges.
- Handmade chocolates and chocolate decorations.
- Hot pulled-and-blown sugar display pieces.
- Afternoon tea pastries, petit fours sec and fraiche.
How will I be assessed?
There will practical and theory assessments during the course, as well as detailed feedback to help you develop your abilities. There will be at least one week’s notice of all assessments.
Information & support
You will be required to have the following equipment and uniform:
- Full chef’s whites including a hat.
- A basic professional knife kit, which you will add to as the course progresses.
Course fees & Duration
You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan if you are 19+. For further information see www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.
What can I do with this qualification?
This qualification is much in demand in the world of hotels, restaurants and shops.
Right now, there are simply not enough pastry chefs to meet the demand of the employers, so the job market is very buoyant in the UK, Europe and worldwide.