This course will enable learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Pedicurist
This Level 2 qualification is suitable for those wishing to become a practitioner in the beauty industry.
This Level 2 course is comprised of 4 mandatory units.
- Provide Pedicure Treatments
- Follow Health and Safety Practice in the Salon
- Client Care and Communication in Beauty Related Industries
- Working in the Beauty Related Industries
There is a balance between classroom based theory and practical work.
The course requires that there is evidence of 5 treatments submitted.
There will be a balance between classroom based theory and distance learning where the learner is expected to work on modules from home.
Minimum entry requirements
It is recommended that students have achieved a level of education equivalent to 5 GCSE's at Grades A* - C. However, exemptions may be made for adult learners with experience in the work place.
If you are new to ITEC courses, you will be required to attend an informal interview prior to the start of the course when learners will have the opportunity to look around Ultima Academy.
Learners will be required to:
- Have good communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high standard of hygiene and personal care.
- Be well presented at interview.
- Be prepared to wear the appropriate uniform.
- Be well prepared for theory and practical lessons.
- Show a caring, understanding and mature attitude to learning the skills involved.
- Make a commitment to attend all teaching sessions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the high standards of customer service required in dealing with the public in a salon environment and to teamwork.
All learners will require basic I.T. skills for this course as case studies and assignment work will need to be produced on the computer. Learners will also need to carry out research work using the Internet. PLEASE NOTE – the final theory examinations will also be on-line. If you have any questions regarding this – please contact the Adult Learning & Skills Centre for further advice.
How will I be assessed?
Practical - Learners will be assessed internally for the practical assessment.
Theory - Provide Pedicure Treatments - Online multiple choice test plus evidence of 5 treatments.
Follow Health & Safety Practice in the Salon Assignment.
Working in the Beauty Related Industries Assignment.
Client Care & Communication in the Beauty Related Industries Assignment.
Learners will be internally assessed by their Tutor throughout their training.
Information & support
You will be required to bring along to the first class - pens, A4 pad and an A4 file in order to store notes.
Learners will also be expected to provide and wear professional tunic and trousers in black throughout their training - there will be a sample of the various sizes of uniform for students to try on at the interview if unsure of the correct size to order.
Advice will also be given on the recommended ITEC text books.
During the first session you will be advised as to what equipment/books you will need to purchase.
If students wish to take the opportunity to obtain the Basic First Aid qualification which will be offered during the course – please contact the Adult Learning & Skills Centre, Fusee House. Please note there will be an additional charge for this.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
Once candidates have achieved the ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Pedicure, they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 2 and 3, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
- Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Consultancy
- Level 2 Certificate in Eyelash & Eyebrow Treatments
- Level 2 Certificate in Eyelash Perming
- Level 2 Certificate in Make-up
- Level 2 Certificate in Manicure
- Level 2 Certificate in waxing
- Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology
- Level 2 Certificate in Nail Art
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology