This course will enable you to develop a range of skills, techniques and personal qualities essential for successful performance in employment as a Pedicurist.
This qualification is suitable for those wishing to become a practitioner in the beauty industry.
Mandatory units comprise:
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Working in the beauty related industries
All units are mandatory and consist of three elements: theory, practical and case studies.
There is a balance between classroom-based theory and practical work.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 2 hours homework each week.
There will be a balance between classroom based theory and distance learning where the learner is expected to work on modules from home.
Minimum entry requirements
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above. However, exceptions may be made for learners with experience in the work place.
- You will be required to attend a short interview before being accepted onto this course.
- It is recommended that you also obtain a Basic First Aid qualification whilst completing the course.
- You need to have skills in basic IT.
How will I be assessed?
You will be internally assessed by your tutor throughout your training.
- Theory - You will sit an online multiple choice test.
- Case studies - You will be required to provide evidence of 5 treatments that you have carried out.
- Practical - Once all aspects of the practical have been completed, you will complete a practical examination.
Information & support
You will be required to provide:
- Uniform (tunic, trousers and shoes) - please contact us for an order form. During your interview there will be a sample of each size of uniform for you to try on.
- Reference books - to be advised.
- Stationery - including pens, A4 notepad and file.
Course fees & Duration
There is a tuition fee of £362 plus an exam fee of £56.
What can I do with this qualification?
Upon completion of this qualification you may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 2 and 3.