This is a short course for beginners who wish to learn about presentation software using Microsoft PowerPoint.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and use presentation software correctly
- Set up a consistent slide layout
- Select fonts and enter text
- Import and insert images correctly
- Use the drawing tools
- Format slides and presentation
- Re-order slides and produce printed handouts
- Manage and print presentation files
The teaching is tutor led in well equipped rooms with explanations, demonstrations, lectures, question and answer and discussion. Each learner has the use of a computer.
The software used for this course will be Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Publisher 2010.
The work will be assessed by the tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help improve skills.
Information & support
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file.
Students will be able to progress on to other software courses using Microsoft software.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.