This Level 2 Award is suitable for those who carry out manual handling activities at work.
It will introduce you to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Please note – this course does not cover how to move and handle people.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and give examples
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Demonstrate how manual handling activities relate to your workplace
You will be taught in the classroom by an accredited, qualified and experienced tutor.
Minimum entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss suitability.
How will I be assessed?
You will take a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
Course fees & Duration
There is a course cost of £60 which includes a handbook and certfication.
What can I do with this qualification?
Following this course you may wish to undertake qualifications in risk assessment or the Level 3 Certificate in Health & Safety, COSHH.