Care workers play a key role in ensuring their residents/patients are looked after using a friendly and caring approach.
Importantly, these professionals can relate to people from a variety of backgrounds and ensure a reasonable quality of life.
Following an investigation, the Care Quality Commission revealed that 424 out of 1,357 services in England are rated ‘inadequate’.
As a result, the need for high-quality care workers has never been greater.
You will study the following units:
- Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
- Care planning for the care worker
- Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
- Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Understanding continence care
- Principles of supporting sleep
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Demonstrate your competency to employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
- Understand the principles and practice of person-centred thinking, planning and reviews.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.