Around 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS.
Protecting people from infection is an essentail element of providing high quality care, especially considering the capacity of some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within the care environment.
You will study the following units:
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
Information & support
As a leaner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers.
- Gain a better understanding of good personal hygiene and maintaining a clean enviornment.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.