Do you have a passion for watersports? Would you like to work in the watersports industry? If the answer is yes, then this year-long course is the ideal introduction.
It covers all of the practical and theoretical elements required to prepare you for further education or employment.
As well as the BTEC and NVQ qualifications, you will work towards RYA Powerboat Level 2, first aid, and British Canoe Union star awards.
If you meet the correct standards you will also have the opportunity to attend an RYA Dinghy Instructor course and a UKCC Level 1 Paddlesports Coach course.
Why choose Brock for Professional Watersports Instructor Level 2 Diploma?
At Brock we are fortunate to have our own Outdoor Skills Centre at Hengistbury Head. This facility gives you the opportunity to study and practise in the type of environment where you may eventually work.
The other major benefit of studying at Hengistbury is that your teachers are still working in the industry, which means they are at the peak of their practice.
Teaching & learning
This course is a balance of practical and theoretical work. Much of the theory will involve planning or reflecting on trips.
As the course develops you will start to run mini activity sessions for your peers. These sessions will be mentored by your coaches and tutors.
As a result, you will be well prepared for your work experience placement, which is another challenging and rewarding part of this learning opportunity.
- Develop your practical sailing skills, making you a much more accomplished sailor.
- Learn to prepare and lead outdoor activity sessions, giving you the confidence you need to do well.
- Study injury in sport, how it can be minimised and how it can be treated.
- Become better at analysing your performance in order to improve.
- Gain important skills and insights related to checking and servicing all equipment, ensuring you can meet all health and safety obligations.
- Support equality and diversity in the active leisure and recreation sector.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade A*- D
What can I do with this qualification?
Once you have successfully completed this qualification you may wish to look for a watersports apprenticeship.
Alternatively, you may opt to study a Level 3 qualification to help you gain greater career progression in the future.
If you are a mature student you may wish to go straight into the industry, where you could work for a wide range of outdoor experience or holiday providers, both here in the UK and abroad.
I enjoy the Academy, it does not just give you a chance to play football but an opportunity to make new friends.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C