Retail, Hospitality & Customer Service (West Quay Works)
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date. Message
West Quay Works is a programme run in collaboration with Southampton City Council, Job Centre Plus and West Quay. The programme includes pre-employment training to assist candidates with the skills and qualifications to support them into work. This is followed by a guaranteed job interview with a local employer. The employer will also be involved with the training and will often provide a talk or a tour of their premises to give an insight into the working environment.
This pre-employment training programme is designed to assist learners in gaining employability skills and sector-specific qualifications. All skills are transferable across a number of sectors. They are particularly appropriate for working in retail, hospitality or customer service roles. Additional qualifications include:
- Level 1 Award in Retail Knowledge
- Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene
Information & support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must be 19+ (at the start of the academic year).
Available dates and locations
Please ask your work coach or job advisor to call 023 8068 2571 and book you into an Initial Provider Interview (IPI) for next available start date.