Retail Skills Certificate Level 2
Type: Work Based
Awarding Body: City & Guilds Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire online
An NVQ certificate is a level 2 qualification designed to be completed in the workplace. It is a competence based qualification, where you will produce a portfolio of evidence to meet performance criteria and demonstrate knowledge in your chosen area.
The course is designed for anyone working in a retail environment who carries out a range of retail duties as part of their everyday job role.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
To achieve the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Retail you must achieve a minimum of 24 credits overall, with a minimum of 15 credits being at level 2, additional credits may be chosen from level 1 or level 3 units.
The units are selected from a wide variety of Retail tasks which will be chosen to best suit your job role and responsibilities. The number of units completed will depend on the credit value of the units chosen.
• 201 – Work effectively in your retail team
- A fully qualified assessor will visit you at work once every two weeks for approximately 90 minutes.
- You will receive support and guidance throughout your NVQ certificate.
- You will receive feedback on work produced.
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
Information & Support
Depending on your previous level of qualification, this course may be eligible for government funding, please contact us to discuss further.
On completion of this programme you can progress to NVQ level 3 in retail if your job role is sufficient to warrant the extra responsibility of a supervisory level.
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.