Retail Skills Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
Type: Work Based
Awarding Body: City & Guilds Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire online
This Apprenticeship is a level 2 qualification designed to be completed in the workplace. It consists of a Level 2 NVQ Certificate which is a competence based qualification, where you will produce a portfolio of evidence to meet performance criteria and demonstrate knowledge in your chosen area.
You will also complete a Technical Certificate and complete Functional Skills English and Maths.
Course Structure & Teaching Methods
To achieve the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Retail Skills you must:
- Complete the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Retail Skills. You must achieve a minimum of 24 credits overall, of which a minimum of 15 credits must be at level 2, additional credits may be chosen from level 1 or level 3 units. The units are selected from a wide variety of Retail tasks which will be chosen to best suit your job role and responsibilities. The number of units completed will depend on the credit value of the units chosen.
- 247 – Work effectively in your retail team.
- Complete a level 2 Technical Certificate in Retail which consists of multiple choice tests.
- Functional Skills Maths, which consists of a written maths based task and a multiple choice test.
- Functional Skills English, which consists of a written English based task and a multiple choice test.
- A fully qualified assessor will visit you at work once every two/three weeks for approximately 90 minutes.
- You will receive support and guidance throughout your Apprenticeship.
- You will receive feedback on work produced.
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified Quality Assurer.
Information & Support
Depending on your previous level of qualification, this course may be eligible for government funding, please contact us to discuss further.
The skills development team can assess your specific learning support needs and give specialist help for hearing or visually impaired students and those with specific leaning difficulties.
There is also experienced staff that can give you information, advice or guidance and help you decide on your course and progression options. Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any type of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
Retail Skills Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
Available Dates and Locations
Please contact us to register your interest for the next available start date.