An NVQ diploma is a level 3 qualification designed to be completed in the workplace. It is a competence based qualification, where you will produce a portfolio of evidence to meet performance criteria and demonstrate knowledge in your chosen area.
To achieve the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Retail you must achieve a minimum of 43 credits overall, with a minimum of 34 credits being at level 3, additional credits may be chosen from level 2 units.
The units are selected from a wide variety of Retail tasks which will be chosen to best suit your job role and responsibilities. The number of units completed will depend on the credit value of the units chosen.
• 301 – Work effectively in your retail organisation.
Minimum entry requirements
The course is designed for anyone working in a retail environment that has a level of responsibility or a supervisory role.
How will I be assessed?
- A fully qualified assessor will visit you at work once every two weeks for approximately 90 minutes.
- You will receive support and guidance throughout your NVQ diploma.
- You will receive feedback on work produced.
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
Information & support
Depending on your previous level of qualification, this course may be eligible for government funding, please contact us to discuss further.
The skills development team can assess your specific learning support needs and give specialist help for hearing or visually impaired students and those with specific learning difficulties.
There are also experienced staff that can give you information, advice or guidance and help you decide on your course and progression options. Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any type of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.