The Certificate in Risk Assessment: Principles and Practice programme Level 3 is designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments. It is particularly useful for managers and supervisors but it will be equally beneficial to individual team workers, team leaders, technicians, engineers or any other personnel contributing to the risk assessment process.
Successful completion of the training programme, assignment and self-evaluation will enable students to:
- Contribute to the risk assessment programmes in their workplaces.
- Conduct risk assessments (assuming they have the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities/environments/issues being assessed).
- Organise and implement a risk assessment programme where this has not already been started.
- Participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed.
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their organisation.
The course is classroom taught with an accredited, qualified and experienced tutor.
Minimum entry requirements
Suitable students for the programme and assessment will need to have good standards of written and oral communication, the ability to analyse workplaces and work activities, the confidence and ability to seek additional advice and information and the capability to work as part of a team.
Students will also have successfully completed a level 1 qualification in Health and Safety.
You will need to bring a pen and a notepad; a comprehensive handbook is also supplied and will cover all the information required.
How will I be assessed?
Following the session students will be required to complete an individual assignment (over 6 weeks) to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk assessment principles and their application in practice.
Information & support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
To gain a further understanding it is recommended that students attend the Level 3 Award in Supervising Health & Safety, Principles of COSHH and Principles of Manual Handling or the Level 4 Health & Safety for Managers.