Are you looking for a science based learning opportunity that can get you a job in the sports sector and also get you into higher education?
If the answer is yes, then this could be the ideal course for you.
Sport & Exercise Science combines theory and practical sessions to cover core elements of anatomy, physiology, psychology and biomechanics.
These elements together will make you a much more confident and competent practitioner who is able to take on considerable responsibility in the workplace.
Please note that to do well on this programme you must have a genuine interest in science.
Why choose Brock for Sport & Exercise Science Level 3 Extended Diploma?
At Brock we are fortunate to have first class learning facilities for all forms of physical education.
These comprise: a fully equipped gym and fitness studio, 25 acres of playing fields, a floodlit full-size artificial turf pitch for hockey and football, a floodlit 5-a-side artificial turf pitch, floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis, and brand new purpose-built changing facilities.
In addition, we run six different sports academies and all our teachers are specialists in their areas.
Teaching & learning
You will learn though a well-balanced range of methods, which combine practical skills with theoretical knowledge.
Your lessons will take place in classrooms; however, you will also use our full range of sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor.
Importantly, we have solid relationships with local employers in the sport and leisure sector. This means you will be able to secure additional work experience to help broaden your experience.
- Develop your theoretical and practical knowledge of sport.
- Cover a range of topics including anatomy, physiology, psychology, biomechanics, analysis and research.
- Enhance your understanding of the role sport and exercise science plays in sport both at grass roots and elite level.
- Complete a major final research project that will evidence your knowledge, skills and progress in sports science.
- Complete work experience in a chosen area like physiotherapy, PE teaching, sports therapy, sports psychology or sports analysis.
- Benefit from our partnerships with leading sports and exercise organisations.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade A*-C or grade 4 to include:
Information & support
We offer this course at two different levels:
- Level 3 90 Credit Diploma, studied over one year. Equivalent to one and a half A Levels
- Level 3 Extended Diploma, studied over two years. Equivalent to three A Levels
We will discuss the most appropriate level for you at your interview.
What can I do with this qualification?
If you are looking for a career in sports science or hoping to progress onto a higher education sports degree, then this course provides a decent foundation.
In particular, it prepares you in areas that require a scientific background such as sports injures, therapy and massage, sports psychology, physiology and biomechanics, and physical education teaching.
At Brock I was mentored by fun, helpful and knowledgeable lecturers. They helped me with my career path and made me realise my strong point is in media. My long-term goal is to be a music video director. I would love to be in America working with talented people to help create their art.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C