Spreadsheets – Intermediate
Type: Part Time Day Download/print details
Download PDF application form Enquire
This is a short course for those who wish to use complex formulae and functions and to analyse and interpret data producing a variety of charts and graphs from existing data.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and use spreadsheet and graph software correctly
- Enter, edit and manipulate data
- Create formulae and use common functions
- Format and present data
- Link live data from one spreadsheet to another
- Select and control data source
- Present data using graphs and charts
- Format axis and labels
- Format the presentation of graphs and charts
- Use graphs to extrapolate information to predict future values
- Use spreadsheets to solve problems and project results
The teaching is tutor led in well equipped rooms with explanations, demonstrations, lectures, question and answer and discussion. Each learner has the use of a computer. The software used will be Microsoft Excel 2010.
The work will be assessed by the tutor on a regular basis from which feedback will be given to help improve skills.
Information & Support
The College offers a variety of courses to further your skills in using computer software.
Please bring along writing materials, notebook/A4 file.
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options. If you feel you would benefit from more in depth careers advice please contact: The National Careers Service - Call 0800 100 900 Lines are open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week or https://.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language. Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
Course costs are as follows:
4 week course - £96