On completing the course, you will be able to:
- Play an active part in monitoring food hygiene standards
- Be involved in training activities, especially on the job training
- Be equipped to effectively supervise food handlers on hygiene issues
- Be able to carry out hygiene audits; encourage good standards of personal hygiene
- Be able to assist in hazard analysis programmes
- Help in the formulation and writing of hygiene policies and procedures etc.
The course is classroom taught with an accredited, qualified and experienced tutor.
Minimum entry requirements
This course is designed for those working in the food industry at a supervisory level, but can also include anyone who needs a good understanding of food hygiene for their work (e.g. head chefs, sous chefs, commis chefs and team leaders).
Owners and managers of small and medium sized businesses may also find that this course may equip them with the knowledge and understanding to carry out their work more effectively.
You will need to bring a pencil and a notepad, a comprehensive handbook is also supplied and will cover all the information required to pass the examination.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by a multiple choice question paper.
Information & support
Experienced and competent staff at our adult learning centres can help you decide on your course and progression options.
Practical help and advice is also provided to assist students with any kind of disability or individual need, including people for whom English is not their first language.
Please contact our centre staff to discuss your needs prior to starting your course.
What can I do with this qualification?
Following this course you may wish to undertake qualifications in HACCP at either Level 2 or 3.