Develop the knowledge and skills needed to support teaching and learning with this Level 2 course.
As a learner you will select a range of units based around your job role within the school environment. You must achieve a minimum of 30 credits, 24 credits will be from the mandatory units and the other credits will come from optional units.
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
You will be taught through a variety of methods including:
- Group and individual work
Minimum entry requirements
- You must have been working in a role that supports learning for under a year. This could be as a teaching assistant, learning support assistant or special needs assistant.
- Learners will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment. Completion of this course could help those volunteering to secure employment.
- Good skills in Maths and English are essential for those working in an educational environment, so learners may undertake Functional Skills as part of their programme if necessary.
How will I be assessed?
Methods of assessment could include:
- Professional discussion
- Reflection on own practice in real work situations
- Learner's own plans and written records
Skills and knowledge that reflect good practice will be assessed through observation in the workplace and a portfolio of written evidence.
Information & support
You will need to purchase your own stationery during the course of your qualification. This includes a ring binder and dividers, A4 paper and pens.
You will also require access to the internet.
Course fees & Duration
There is a course cost of £635, plus £94 CACHE registration/certification fee.
What can I do with this qualification?
Qualifications gained from this course:
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF) - Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE); a specialist awarding body for the Care and Education sector.
- Functional Skills (if applicable) in Maths and English.
Upon successful completion, you may choose to progress to the Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support in Teaching and Learning in Schools.