Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 Certificate
Adult Skills & Training
Please contact us for next available date
This course is designed for those working in roles that support students' learning in Schools and Colleges. Importantly, it will provide you with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in these learning environments.
You will study a wide range of areas, including children and young people’s development, supporting children and young people’s positive behaviour and communication and professional relationships.
Why choose Brock for Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 Certificate?
After successfully completing this course, you can progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning and develop your career in a learning support role within Schools or Colleges.
- Understand Schools and Colleges as organisations.
- Understand children and young people's development.
- Safeguarding children and young people.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in a learning environment for children and young people.
- Support positive behaviour in a learning environment for children and young people.
- Understand children and young people’s play and leisure.
Minimum entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You will be required to do a short initial assessment and a telephone interview.
How will I be assessed?
You will be taught through a variety of methods including:
- Short lectures.
- Whole group discussion.
- Small group work.
- Direct observation by a Tutor/Assessor within the workplace.
- Written assignments.
Information & support
You will need to be working in a practical placement for the duration of the course.
Course fees & Duration
There is a course fee of £700.
Your Level 2 course could be fully funded if you are:
- Unemployed and in receipt of benefits.
- In receipt of a low wage (under £18,525 per annum).
Aged 19-23 and studying towards your first full Level 2 qualification.