By joining with likeminded people at our dedicated textile and fashion studio you can find all sorts of opportunities to indulge your creative impulses.
We will encourage you to discover your unique style, push the boundaries of your creative thinking and build on your strengths.
You will have opportunities to direct your work towards fashion, textiles, theatrical costume or interiors, plus work with many different materials, developing your skills and knowledge.
You will also examine the work of contemporary textile and fashion designers to discover your own way of working that gives you the confidence to progress.
Why choose Brock for Fashion & Textiles A Level?
At Brock you will benefit from teachers with a wide range of experience in the field of textile design, contemporary art textiles, and fashion.
They will support you in building a unique portfolio of work, making use of facilities that include an industry-standard studio and an in-house fabric shop.
Importantly, we have strong links with universities, and also organise work experience and a fashion trip to New York.
Teaching & learning
You will learn through experimental workshops that will lead to you experimenting with different materials and techniques in order to gain skills and experience.
You will also work using sketchbooks and design sheets, just like you would in a professional design studio.
Furthermore, we will encourage you to enter your work in competitions, and give you the opportunity to display your work at our end of year exhibition.
- Benefit from contact with specialist tutors who will help you develop your textile skills and artistic skills.
- Learn through practical experimentation using a wide range of textile media, and explore, take risks and discover new ways of expressing your thoughts, feeling and ideas.
- Develop your ability to appreciate the visual world and gain the confidence to respond in a personal and imaginative way.
- Visit galleries and museums to explore the work of textile artists and fashion designers in order to inspire and enrich your own artistic practice.
- Receive encouragement to fully express yourself in areas such as fashion, theatrical costume, textile design and interior design.
- Gain the practical knowledge and thinking skills to prepare you for your next step in art and design education and also to help you progress to the career of your choice.
Minimum entry requirements
Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above.
It is advantageous to have studied an art based subject or Textiles and have achieved a grade 4.
What can I do with this qualification?
Former students have progressed to top universities for fashion and textiles, including prestigious institutions such as St Martins College and London College of Fashion.
Over the past ten years our students have also progressed to BA courses in Textiles Design, Interior Design, Costume Design, and Footwear Design, among many others.
One past student is now an embroidery designer for ‘Balmain’ in Paris. Meanwhile, another is a textile print designer for Liberty London, and another is a textile flooring designer for Desso.
Brock has been absolutely brilliant in preparing me for my future, I feel happy and confident. My tutors are all so supportive and there is a really friendly atmosphere.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C