This programme is designed to equip you with an understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health issues. It is aimed at learners from healthcare, social care and education backgrounds
You will undertake a wide range of units, enabling you to do the following:
- Know about specific mental health conditions that children and young people may experience.
- Understand the impact mental health concerns can have on children and young people.
- Understand the significance of being diagnosed with a mental health conditions.
- Understand person-centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns.
- Understand how to promote mental well-being in children and young people.
- Understand the concept of mental health.
- Know the legislation and guidance that applies to children and young people’s mental health.
- Understand risk factors that may affect the mental well-being of children and young people.
- Understand how abuse or bullying may affect the mental health of a child or young person.
- Understand stress and anxiety in children and young people.
- Understand depression in children and young people.
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Engage with the programme over 18 weeks.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.