Increase your knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses with this learning opportunity.
Those working in the childcare sector play an important role in supporing the development and wellbeing of infants, therefore it is essential that you know how to recognise and respond to a child being unwell.
You will study the following units:
- Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
- Understand common childhood illnesses
- Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Explore ways to minimise cross infection and maintain a safe and hygienic environment.
- Learn how to recognise when a child is unwell.
- Consider the policies and proceedures relating to unwell children in an early years setting.
- Understand the role of the practitioner in relation to common accidents and basic first aid, as well as serious illness.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.