The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 25 years, reaching what many doctors believe to be ‘epidemic’ proportions.
Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health-threatening conditions; understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
You will complete the following units:
- Explore principles of healthy eating
- Consider nutritional needs of a varierty of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your compenency to employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Increase your understanding of food safety for the home enviornment.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.