This learning opportunity is aimed at anyone who is responsible for safeguarding people and helping prevent radicalisation.
The programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to identify signs of abuse, reduce the risk of radicalisation and understand the potential consequences of illegal online activity.
You will study the following units:
- Understanding the term ‘safeguarding’
- How to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Understanding the potential consequences of inappropriate or illegal online activity
- Understanding how to reduce the risks posed online
- Identifying signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern
Information & support
Successive inquiries into tragic cases of abuse and radicalisation have highlighted the ongoing need to raise awareness of dangers present in our society.
Official data showed over 7,500 people were referred to the Prevent programme in 2015/16.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.