There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK along, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don't know it.
It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise more than 50% in the next 10 years.Simple lifestyle measures can be effective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, dehabilityating and sometimes deadly disease.
You will study the following units:
- Undestand diabetes
- Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Improve your understanding of the various forms and causes of diabetes.
- Evidence your competency to employers.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Create better preventative care by being able to identify early signs of diabetes.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.