You can gain the skills and knowledge you need to work as a vehicle banksman and gain a nationally-recognised qualification by completing this course.
A vehicle banksman is the person who oversees directing the movements of large vehicles on a work site, particularly large cranes during loading and unloading.
He or she is the eyes and ears of a crane or truck driver and makes sure any manoeuvres they make are safe and do not put people in danger.
The first four days of the course will see you completing theory training. There will be a further day for practical training.
As a learner you will work towards the following qualifications to gain your certification:
• Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2 Award
• City and Guilds Employability Skills
• Banksman (Vehicle Marshall)
Information & support
- Must have ID (Passport / Driving licence / Birth certificate).
- Must be unemployed and claiming benefits (JSA / ESA / UC / IS).
- Must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
Individual support with:
- Job search and applications
- CV writing
- Interview preparation and practice