Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our modern society.
With an estimated 450 million people worldwide having a mental health condition, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health issue each year.
While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information currently available is essential in the care sector.
You will study the following units:
- Understanding the role of the mental health worker
- Mental health and mental health issues
- Understanding duty of care in adult health and social care
- Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
Information & support
As a learner you will:
- Engage with the programme over 18 weeks.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Gain skills and understanding to improve the experiences of service users.
- Create better preventative care by identifying mental health and mental health issues.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
Course fees & Duration
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.