After completing this course, you should have a detailed understanding of the importance of using counselling skills within published ethical frameworks. These are frameworks such as those from the National Counselling Society (NCS), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the United Kingdom Counsel for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Skills Acquisition and Practice (mandatory)
This unit will introduce the candidate to counselling, its ethos and methodology. It will support the development of fundamental counselling skills and provide candidates with skills, knowledge and understanding of practice within the boundaries of an ethical framework. Students will also consider strategies to ensure the safety of counsellor and client.
Working with Grief and Loss (optional)
This unit has been designed to introduce candidates to the different models of loss and grief and to gain insight into key issues associated with working in this specialised area. It will encourage candidates to reflect on appropriate, safe and ethical practice when working in this context.
Information & support
You will be required to bring an A4 file, paper and pen to each session. A slim ring-back file is needed for the journal.
You will be expected to complete private study and homework outside of lessons.
There is a tuition fee of £550.
Your level 2 course could be fully funded if you are:
- Unemployed and in receipt of benefits
- In receipt of a low wage (under £20,319 per annum)
- 19-23 and studying towards your first full level 2 qualification
Minimum entry requirements
- We will assess candidates initial suitability for counselling as a vocation.
- You will ideally have achieved a minimum of Level 2 functional skills in English in order to undertake the academic rigour of the course.
- You must be aware of the high degree of ethics required within environments where counselling training takes place.
You will be taught using the following methods:
- Group work
- Role play
What can I do with this qualification?
Upon successful completion, you could progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling.
Dates & Locations
LocationBrockenhurst College - Main Site
Date & time
29/01/2024 to 17/06/2024