This learning opportunity is designed to teach you the skills that will help you get a job, Apprenticeship or Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate for Employment (PACE), or move up to a Level 2 course.
Units you may study include photography, creating a storyboard, designing interactive presentations, being organised and developing a personal progression plan.
Level 1 Certificate in Digital Media?
Our aim is to improve on the skills you already have and identify talents you may not have realised you possess.
Your teachers will not only be experts in the subject they teach but will also be skilled at helping you if you need little extra support.
Teaching & learning
This course is a mixture of classroom based learning and practical sessions.
The course runs over three days, which gives you time and opportunities to participate in some of the College’s Enrichment activities.
Information & support
- The College’s Skills Development Team will be available to provide specialist support to students with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia and dyspraxia.
- There may be an annual materials fee.
- You may be eligible for assistance with funding. See main website for further information.
- The Travel Team can assist with travel enquiries. You may wish to apply for funding to assist with specialised travel. Please contact the county SEN Travel team for further information.
- If you are aged 16-18 you are entitled to free education. If you are 19-25 you will need to have a current Education, Health and Care Plan to access free education.
- To receive remission you must be on a means-tested benefit.
- If you have an EHCP (or draft assessment paperwork) please bring it to your interview.
Minimum entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
1. Coursework comprising general and specialist study
2. Maths and English
3. Tutorial and employability activites
What can I do with this qualification?
If you achieve a MERIT grade overall, an excellent attendance record, a positive testimonial, and have the appropriate level of English & Maths, you could be eligible to progress to a Level 2 course.
Alternatively, you may decide to move onto a traineeship or apprenticeship programme.
Dates & Locations
LocationBrockenhurst College - Main Site
Date & time
09/09/2024 to 31/07/2025