Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern in society as many individuals experience increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives.
This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions such as dementia.
Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
Information & support
If you are successful on this course you will obtain a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
This course will enable you to:
- Improve your understanding of the reasons why individuals display behaviour that challenges and the impact of that behaviour.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Become better-able to support individuals effectively.
- Learn without the need to attend college.
This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
You will study the following units:
- Understanding behaviour that challenges
- Understanding how to support positive behaviour
- Understanding the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Understanding the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges