Equality & Diversity
We believe in treating people equally and with respect; this means treating people as individuals.
Our Equality & Diversity Committee is made up of three task groups who meet regularly to review policies, carry out impact assessment and organise student led promotions and events.
- Giving opportunities to all
- Providing access to education, training, services and facilities
- Taking positive action to address imbalances or under-representation
- Celebrating differences and promoting diversity
- Refraining from using language or behaviour that might cause offence
- Valuing each individual and their unique circumstances
- Accepting that each person has their own set of personal circumstances, backgrounds and cultures
- Ensuring that individuals do not experience discrimination or harassment as a result of these
The Inspiration Room
We have a specially-designed ‘Inspiration Room’, which is staffed by members of the learning assistant team.
This pleasant facility is available for students on the autistic spectrum and for other vulnerable students who might benefit from a quiet space to work and study.