GCSE Mathematics Foundation Course and Exams
Your son/daughter has been enrolled onto the GCSE Mathematics re-sit course.
Students who have not yet achieved a grade 4 in Maths must be working towards achieving this important qualification. All GCSE Maths students have the opportunity to re-sit the GCSE Foundation Maths exams in November provided they have paid for this.
We must receive payment by 25th September 2019.
Students who do not achieve a grade 4 pass in November will sit the exams in May/June 2020.
The dates for the November 2019 exams are:
- Tuesday 5th November at 9am paper 1 non-calculator
- Thursday 7th November at 9am paper 2 calculator
- Monday 11th November at 1.15pm paper 3 calculator
How to Pay
- Go to http://students.brock.ac.uk to access the BrockShop.
- Sign in with either your College IT account or your DOB and Student ID number.
- Please select Shop and then find the subject(s) you are resiting.
- Please complete the form in full and then click purchase.
- If you are taking English and Maths resits you will have the option to continue shopping and add the second product to your basket.
- Please select proceed to checkout, agree to the terms and conditions on the following screen and confirm payment.
- Please then select your card type, complete the required fields and then select proceed.
- You will be emailed a receipt once the transaction is complete.
Your bank may require you to complete a security check at this stage (e.g. Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code) before the transaction can be confirmed and completed.
…do not have access to the internet, you can pay by cash or card at the Brock Shop located on the ground floor, rear corridor of M-block.
…are in receipt of the college’s 2019/20 Discretionary Bursary, please pay online and then complete a reimbursement form (available from Student Services). Your payment will be refunded to the card originally used.
The cost for the November GCSE Maths re-sit is £45. If your son/daughter wishes to sit these exams, we must receive payment by 25th September 2019.
Please select the exam board that you did in the summer which will be on your exam results slip. If you were at Brock last year then you should select AQA.
At Brock, we continue to be proud of our success in helping students to achieve their grade 4 in Maths. An important part of this success is high attendance.
Attendance in maths is essential to give each student the best possible chance of success. Please encourage your son/daughter to attend all lessons without fail from the start of the academic year. We recommend that students bring the calculator they used at school to all lessons.
Students who feel that they may need some support may be able to attend extra additional sessions through Skills Development.
Exam Concessions and Skills Development
To make sure that exam concessions and extra support arrangements are available for you as soon as possible, please contact Paula Chalk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org