All you need to know about starting College in September
This webpage contains all the essential information for students and parents/guardians for starting or returning to Brock College in September.
Passport to Study
Ready to get going? Access your passport to study course where you will find activities and coursework for you to complete before you start next week.
What will happen on the day?
The purpose of induction day is to give you a chance to get all the essential information you need, find your way around campus and have the first lesson in all of your courses. Here’s what will happen on the day:
- Check-in through the main hall.
- Go to your welcome tutor session and receive your timetable for the day and other essential information.
- Attend lessons in each of the subjects you have chosen.
- Attend a talk by the principal and assistant principal.
- Get a chance to try out some Enrichments.
- Explore the campus.
- Complete a COVID-19 lateral flow test if you have opted-in to testing.
- Receive your College IT login details.
NOTE: If you are an existing student, but starting a brand new course, then you will need to attend your induction day.
If you are an existing student returning for the second year of a two-year course you will be starting on your first timetabled day. You should have received an email with more information.
What should I wear?
You can wear what you like at College. However, if you have purchased a uniform required by your course please wear this on your first day.
You will have a timetabled 30 minutes for lunch.
There are options to purchase hot food and snacks on site. Alternatively, you can bring a packed lunch with you.
How do I get to and from Ultima?
You can either make your own way to Ultima or catch a college bus to our main campus in Brockenhurst. You will then take the train from Brockenhurst to New Milton and walk the short distance to Ultima.
Full details can be found on our travel webpage: https://www.brock.ac.uk/sixth-form/travelling-to-brock/
Remember: It is recommended that you wear a face covering when travelling on public transport. This includes the college bus services, which are classed as public services.
What time does the day end?
The day will end at Ultima at approximately 3.45pm. College buses will be departing from the main site at 4.30pm.
Bursaries & Financial Support
We understand that further education may involve some extra expense.
There are a number of ways to access help with these costs.
- Ensure that your family is accessing all the state benefits they are entitled to, including Child Benefits.
- Check with your Local Authority to see if they will assist with travel costs (now mainly aimed at students with special needs).
- Check if there is help available from local charities or trust funds.
- Apply to our College Bursary Fund.
For extensive information on Bursaries and financial support, please click the button below.
Travelling to Brock
If you’re travelling by train and have not yet collected your train pass, please make sure you have a valid ticket for the day as train inspectors often check tickets around this time.
If you’re travelling by bus and don’t already have your bus pass, you can use your college ID card as proof that you are a Brock student, but you’ll need to ensure you collect your bus pass at induction.
For extensive travel information, please click the button below.