Brockenhurst College has Tier 4 Sponsor Status for the Points Based system and we are therefore licensed to welcome international students wanting to study in the UK.

It is important that you choose a Tier 4 Sponsor to undertake your studies in the UK.

There are two types of visa for people wanting to study in a state college in the UK, a Short-term Study Visa and a Tier 4 (General) Visa.

We advise you to check the UK Visas and Immigration website for the latest regulations.

International Student Reading at Brock

UK Visas and Immigration Regulations

UK Visas and Immigration Agency changes its regulations from time to time, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are familiar with the terms of your visa, and the information you will be required to submit to the visa office in order to be successful in your visa application.
We thoroughly recommend that you visit the UK Visas and Immigration website or appoint an immigration specialist to give yourself the best possible understanding of the visa process.

Please ensure you check the most up-to-date information with the UKVI before submitting your visa application.


UK Visas and Immigration

How to get your Tier 4 Student (General) Visa

We have an in-house immigration advice service to help students obtain a visa as quickly and efficiently as possible. In order to apply for your tier 4 student visa, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from us. This is a unique identifying number that we have requested from the UKVI which directly relates to the offer we have made you.

We will issue a CAS when:

  • We have sent you an offer for which you have met any conditions, including receiving copies of your certificates and proof of English if applicable
  • You have paid the requested deposit
  • We are within 3 months of your course start date
  • You have provided us with assurance that you have met all other UKVI requirements such as any necessary health checks or financial proof once you have your CAS, you are free to apply for your visa.

Please let us know the outcome of your application so that we can confirm your study place and make accommodation and transfer arrangements for you if needed.

English Language Levels

Brockenhurst College and UK Visas and Immigration require proof of your English language capability. Language requirements vary depending on the course you are planning to take.  For specific requirements, please refer to the courses & programmes

Brockenhurst College needs to know that you have strong enough English skills to help you succeed in your studies, and progress onto university if that is your aim.

ESOL classes are compulsory for all students who do not have English as their first language, and who do not have an English score of IELTS 6.5 in all bands. ESOL classes are an added benefit that is included in your tuition fees and will give you the best possible chance to get into the university of your choice.

UK Visas and immigration


International Student at Brock

“I love Brockenhurst College because you can play Basketball whenever you have no lessons. The teachers in the college are very kind and they are very willing to help you.”

Will Lian

Apprentice studying with Assessor

Help & Advice

Applying for your visa may seem very complicated. We have many students each year who apply successfully, so provided you follow all the UKVI steps, we hope you will be successful. However, you may wish to take note of the following ways to receive assistance:


  • Information provided on this form will be used to us to answer your enquiry. For more information about how we use your information please see our privacy notice
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


International Department
Brockenhurst College
Lyndhurst Road
SO42 7ZE
United Kingdom

+44 (0)1590 625 325

Download Prospectus

International Students Brochure

Useful links

Study in the UK

The New Forest / Activities

This is Great Britain


UK Visas and Immigration

The British Council

Brockenhurst College cannot accept responsibility for content on external web sites.