Our Aspire Academy is about nurturing your talents and giving you the additional academic support you need to reach your full potential.
You will benefit from individual and group events such as workshops and lectures. You will also be placed in a special Aspire tutor group.
All initiatives are designed to help you develop and consolidate your knowledge and skills, as well as grow both in confidence and as a person.
Aspire Academy benefits
You will benefit from university outreach initiatives, fieldtrips, summer school options and inter-college competitions.
Importantly, we aim to prepare you for the rigorous application, testing and interview processes of the country’s most respected universities.
For example, you can participate in masterclasses run by Russell Group universities and meet prominent academics, helping you understand what it takes to make a strong claim to a place at your first-choice institution.
Each year 61% of our Aspire A Level leavers progress to Russell Group universities, including the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. Meanwhile, some choose to develop their knowledge, skills and experience by pursuing gap year opportunities.
If you wish to study outside the UK, you will be pleased to know that our Aspire staff are experienced in assisting with international university/college applications. In recent years, Brock students have gone on to study in countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia, China and the Netherlands.
- We want to work with you to develop the mindset you need to reach your objectives. Indeed, we want to help you develop the resilience and confidence to enable you to be successful in your exams and interviews. We call this the Growth Mindset.
- Our links with St Edmund Hall, Oxford, and Trinity College, Cambridge, will enable you to meet with academic staff and students for one-to-one guidance on applications, personal statements, interviews and admission exams.
- Each year the Brock awards system recognises the best and brightest students. As an award winner you will have the ideal platform to help you stand out in your university applications.
- You will be invited to take part in a peer-assisted learning programme, known as Brock Scholars, which is designed to help boost your grades.
- Our long-standing relationship with the University of Southampton will enable you to attend a series of interdisciplinary workshops. These day-long explorative events are run by academics from various subject areas to stimulate your intellectual curiosity.
- Prepare to study Medicine by joining our Vets and Medics Enrichment group.
- Join our Debating Society to refine your skills of analysis and public speaking.
- Participate in the publication of the College Newspaper to acquire a range of hands-on experiences.
- Share your musical, acting, singing or dancing talents by taking part in live productions.
- Benefit from a range of trips to places including Iceland, Romania and CERN in Geneva, depending on your subjects.
- Gain new perspectives from visiting speakers such as those from local law firms and the medical professions.
- Become a Student Ambassador to develop your confidence while adding to your CV.