Progression & Careers Advice
We equip you with the knowledge, skills and opportunities to enhance your employability and prepare you for your next steps.
Through our broad and fulfilling progression programme, you can embed key career-mobility skills and present yourself as an outstanding candidate for employment and higher level study.
You will benefit from support delivered by staff across the College, enabling you to follow your chosen path and secure your progression.
Importantly, we hold Matrix accreditation that validates the high quality of impartial information, advice and guidance available to you.
Opportunities at Brock
Did you know? You have access to an extensive range of opportunities, resources and expertise through our careers programme, such as:
- One-to-one impartial information, advice and guidance from our highly qualified and experienced Careers Advisor.
- Activities throughout National Careers Week and National Apprenticeships Week.
- Visits to universities and vice-versa, which provide subject-specific interactive workshops.
- A Higher Education Fair at which over 70 universities showcase their strengths.
- Our Aspire Academy, containing personalised support for those aiming for elite universities and careers.
- Industrial placement opportunities from our directory of over 2,000 employers, supported by our Employability Development Officer.
- The STEM Academy for those wishing to make their mark in the world of science, technology, engineering and maths.
- Our Performing Arts Academy for learners with real prospects of making it big in live performance and recorded entertainment.
email@example.com 01590 625555
Whether you are studying a Vocational or A level course, we know what an important part work experience can play in securing a place at the university of your choice, or in a successful job application.
We have developed excellent relationships with companies across a wide range of areas, offering crucial experience to our students.
Christian Underhill- Link Governor – Advocate for careers education
Dominic Chapman – Assistant Principal – Learners
Steve Jenkin – Admissions and Progression Manager
Emma Fry – Careers Leader
Jacquie Maguire – Employability Development Officer
Georgia Cooke – SUN Progression Mentor
Steve Welch – Enterprise Advisor
Jade Fuller – Special Educational Needs Enterprise Advisor
Useful Links for Careers Information
Quality in Careers Award
Brockenhurst College is committed to delivering comprehensive careers education that enables students to develop vital employability and workplace skills.
We are proud and committed to be taking part in the Quality in Careers Award and we continue to use the Gatsby Benchmarks as a tool to develop our Careers & Employability programme in line with the new framework.