More about our Academy system
What are the benefits?
Our Academies are the ideal platforms for aspiring athletes to benefit from outstanding coaching delivered by highly qualified and experienced coaches.
The system aims to help you develop technical and tactical skills that will ultimately improve your overall performance in your chosen sport.
What about facilities?
You will train on campus using the Sports Hall, Fitness Suite and a range of playing surfaces.
You will also have access to the following facilities:
- Gym and fitness studio.
- Twenty-five acres of playing fields.
- Purpose-built changing facilities.
- Sports Hall with basketball and netball courts.
- Floodlit full-size artificial turf pitch for hockey and football.
- Floodlit 5-a-side artificial turf pitch for hockey and football.
- Floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis.
- Grass pitches for football, rugby and hockey.
Are there any costs?
All costs will be kept at a minimum. However, we charge a £75 joining fee that covers spend associated with league entries, referees, match fees, transport, insurance and pitch hire. You will also need to purchase a special Academy kit.
Are there entry requirements?
To join one of our academies you will need:
- A good level of playing experience in your chosen sport.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- To be 16 -19 years old.
- A place studying a course at Brockenhurst College. You do not have to be studying a sport related programme to be a member of a Sports Academy.
Will I compete?
All Academies compete in competitions throughout the season.
These include county, regional and national competitions such as Hampshire Colleges leagues and cups, British Colleges Sport leagues and tournaments, and other nationwide cup competitions.
There is also a full range of competitive opportunities for you to achieve county, regional and national call-ups within your sport. This includes opportunities with British Colleges Sport and national governing bodies’ talent identification systems.
What academies are there?
Each year we hold trials where you can discover more about our academies and how you can take part in sport alongside your studies.
The Sports Academy system is open to all Brock students. We expect entrants to have a solid background of playing experience and show full commitment to the team, as well as determination to improve.
Contact us now to register your interest in joining a Sport Academy.