More about our Academies
What are the benefits?
The Academy is a tremendous platform for all aspiring athletes to gain outstanding coaching from highly qualified and experienced coaches.
It aims to help you develop technical and tactical skills which will ultimately improve your overall performance in your chosen sport.
You will also benefit from our wide range of sports facilities.
What facilities will I have access to?
Training takes place on campus using the sports hall, astro, hard courts, grass pitches and fitness suite.
You will also have access to the following facilities:
- Fully equipped gym and fitness studio.
- 25 acres of playing fields.
- Brand new purpose built changing facilities.
- Extended sports hall with basketball, badminton, tennis, netball and volleyball court.
- Floodlit full size artificial turf pitch for hockey and football.
- Floodlit 5-a-side artificial turf pitch for hockey and football.
- Floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis.
- Grass pitches for football, rugby, hockey and lacrosse.
Are there any fees?
The costs to join the academy are kept at a minimum, however we do ask all students to pay a £75 fee to join which goes towards all costs, such as league entries, referees, match fees, transport, insurance, pitch hire etc.
You will also be asked to purchase the Academy team kit.
Are there any entry requirements?
To join one of our academies you will need to have/be:
- A good level of playing experience in your chosen sport be it from playing for your school or a club, county etc.
- A willingness to learn and develop in your chosen sport.
- A student studying a course at Brockenhurst College. Remember – you don’t have to study sport to be a member of the Sports Academy.
- Between 16 -19 years old.
Will I compete?
All of the Academies compete in competitions throughout the season. These include county, regional and national competitions such as Hampshire Schools and Colleges Leagues and Cups, British Colleges Sport leagues and tournaments as well as other nationwide cup competitions.
There is also a full range of competitive opportunities for individual students to gain county, regional and national representation within their sport. This includes British Colleges Sport and National Governing Bodies talent identification systems.
What academies are there?
Get Involved – Taster Sessions
We hold annual trials where you can find out more about our academies and how you can successfully take part in sport alongside your studies.
The programme is open to all Brock students, however we expect our academy players to have a good level of playing experience in their sport and a willingness to learn and develop.
You must also show full commitment to your team.
If you’d like to be part of the Academy please contact us.