At Brock we have a thriving Football Academy that works to develop both male and female players so they can reach their full potential.
In fact, Premier League star Danny Ings and Welsh international Sam Vokes both played for us.
The Academy follows a structured training programme and provides specialist coaching twice-a-week, plus competitive matches.
Players compete in the Hampshire College League and League Cup, as well as regional and national cup competitions.
Contact us now if you would like to join the Football Academy.
More about Football
What are the benefits?
Our Football Academy is the ideal platform for aspiring athletes to benefit from outstanding coaching delivered by highly qualified and experienced coaches.
As a Football Academy member you will benefit from our development support links with AFC Bournemouth and local Southern League side Bashley.
What about facilities?
All training will take place on campus using grass and AstroTurf pitches.
You will also have access to the following facilities:
- Fully equipped gym and fitness studio.
- Twenty-five acres of playing fields.
- Purpose-built changing facilities.
- Sports Hall with basketball, badminton, tennis, netball and volleyball court.
- Floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis.
- Grass pitches for rugby, hockey and lacrosse.
Will I compete?
All Academies compete in competitions throughout the season.
These include county, regional and national competitions such as Hampshire Schools and Colleges leagues and cups, British Colleges Sport leagues and tournaments, and other nationwide cup competitions.
There is also a full range of competitive opportunities for you to achieve county, regional and national call-ups within your sport. This includes opportunities with British Colleges Sport and national governing bodies’ talent identification systems.
Are there fees?
All costs will be kept at a minimum. However, we charge a £100 joining fee that covers spend associated with league entries, referees, match fees, transport, insurance and pitch hire. You will also need to purchase a special Academy kit.
Are there entry requirements?
To join one of our academies you will need:
- A good level of playing experience in your chosen sport.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- To be 16 -19 years old.
- A place studying a course at Brockenhurst College. You do not have to be studying a sport related programme to be a member of a Sports Academy.
Why join the Academy?
- The Football Academy has proved to be a pivotal factor in an enjoyable college experience, supporting players to take their next steps both on and off the pitch.
- The Academy is proud to participate in a variety of leagues and cup competitions.
- Former Academy players have gone on to play for Liverpool, Southampton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Hull City, and have also won senior international caps with England and Wales.
Each year we hold trials where you can discover more about our academies and how you can take part in sport alongside your studies.
The Sports Academy system is open to all Brock students. Importantly, we expect entrants to have a solid background of playing experience and show full commitment to the team, as well as determination to improve.
Contact us now to register your interest in joining a Sport Academy.
Find out more about the Sports Academy at one of our Open Events.