Whether you already play golf competitively or have the talent and drive to start, you will want to join our Golf Academy.
As a member you can benefit from contact with PGA-qualified coaches throughout the academic year, improving all aspects of your game ahead of competition.
You will also become skilled in analysing your game to help you reach peak performance.
Contact us now if you would like to join the Golf Academy.
More about Golf
What about facilities?
All training will take place on campus using grass and AstroTurf pitches.
You will also have access to the following facilities:
- Fully equipped gym and fitness studio.
- Twenty-five acres of playing fields.
- Purpose-built changing facilities.
- Sports Hall with basketball, badminton, tennis, netball and volleyball court.
- Floodlit all-weather courts for netball and tennis.
- Grass pitches for rugby, hockey and lacrosse.
Will I compete?
All Academies compete in competitions throughout the season.
These include county, regional and national competitions such as Hampshire Schools and Colleges leagues and cups, British Colleges Sport leagues and tournaments, and other nationwide cup competitions.
There is also a full range of competitive opportunities for you to achieve county, regional and national call-ups within your sport. This includes opportunities with British Colleges Sport and national governing bodies’ talent identification systems.
Are there entry requirements?
To join one of our academies you will need:
- A good level of playing experience in your chosen sport.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- To be 16 -19 years old.
- A place studying a course at Brockenhurst College. You do not have to be studying a sport related programme to be a member of a Sports Academy.
Each year we hold trials where you can discover more about our academies and how you can take part in sport alongside your studies.
The Sports Academy system is open to all Brock students. Importantly, we expect entrants to have a solid background of playing experience and show full commitment to the team, as well as determination to improve.
Contact us now to register your interest in joining a Sport Academy.