Construction & Marine
Marchwood Construction and Marine Technology Training Centre is our a state-of-the art-facility offering the opportunity to learn the skills needed to enter a range of professions including:
- Heating (ACS Gas-Safe)
- Electrical installations
- Boat building & yacht design
- Marine engineering & electronics
- Marine upholstery & interiors
Facilities at Marchwood
- Indoor and outdoor bricklaying workshops
- Facilities to complete real world assessments
- Electrical test classroom with assessment bay areas
- Carpentry workshop for site carpentry and bench joinery
- Comprehensive range of power tools and woodworking machinery
- Fully equipped plumbing and heating workshops
- Mig and arc welding bay for practising hand skills
- Dedicated classroom for marine upholstery
- Dedicated electrical section with radars, GPSs and batteries
- Eight outboard engines
- 20 petrol and diesel inboard marine engines
- A speed boat and a sailing boat for students to take apart and rebuild
We also offer…
Secure parking – Plenty of FREE secure, floodlit parking right outside the training facility.
Hot food and drinks – A comfortable refreshment area offering hot and cold food run by our friendly staff.
Types of Courses at Marchwood
Sixth Form Courses
Students aged 14-19 taking a vocational Construction or Marine course will mainly be based at Marchwood in order to utilise the outstanding training facilities.
Whether you are already working in a trade or you’re looking to learn a new skill, Marchwood offers a range of courses for adults.
Apprenticeships allow you to focus on a career area of your choice, train on the job and be paid as an employee whilst also studying for a nationally recognised vocational qualification – so you can earn while you learn.
Unit A5A North Road
Marchwood Industrial Park