Do you want to discover what it takes to be a successful software engineer, computer animator, graphic designer or help desk support manager?
If the answer is yes, then this is your opportunity to begin your journey to becoming an IT professional.
As a student you will become more familiar with a diverse range of IT topics including computer systems, computer programming and database design.
You will also improve key employability skills to prepare you for the world of work. These include problem solving, attention to detail and perseverance.
Why choose Brock for Information Technology Level 2 Diploma?
At Brock our IT and Computer Science department is equipped with up-to-date hardware and software, which means you will learn using exactly the kind of IT assets you will find in the modern workplace.
All IT staff are subject specialists with specific areas of interest and expertise. Thanks to their wealth of industry knowledge and teaching experience, you will learn by completing realistic tasks that mirror those in modern workplaces.
Teaching & learning
Teaching is very practical with classes generally organised as workshops or computer laboratories.
You will learn through demonstrations, lectures and by undertaking a variety of practical tasks both individually and in small groups.
You will also use the College’s Blended Learning Environment, which will enable you to track your progress and access course materials from home.
In addition, you will be encouraged to learn through investigation, giving you improved initiative and independent study skills.
- Explore what it means to work in the IT industry, giving you insights that will help you launch your career.
- Learn to install computer hardware efficiently and effectively, giving you key skills and knowledge.
- Discover more about different computer systems in order to expand your ideas of what is possible.
- Develop programming solutions that evidence your constantly developing knowledge and skills.
- Study the important database systems that help organisations perform their core operations.
- Plan and execute application development using industry standard tools.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs at grade 3 and above to include:
- English Language
What can I do with this qualification?
Having a recognised IT qualification will make you a more suitable candidate for junior level employment, apprenticeships and enhanced work experience opportunities.
You may also use this Diploma to enrol on higher level courses like our Level 3 IT Diploma, which may in turn lead to higher education.
I loved how passionate the teachers were about their subjects. It made the lessons so much more engaging and fun.
overall a level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C