Travelling to Brock

Travelling to Brock

We are easily accessible by train or via our extensive bus network.

As part of our COVID response we’ve changed the structure of the College day for 2020/21. The later start at 09:30 will assist learners coming by train to avoid travel during peak periods. We will further reduce the number of learners arriving at the same time by staggering the arrival of our buses.

Our new, more compact timetable and blended learning approach has also significantly reduced the cost of travel.  Most learners will see savings of up to 60%.


Travelling by bus

Our extensive bus network affords travel to Brockenhurst from Ringwood, Lymington, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Wimborne, Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Totton and the Waterside plus numerous towns and villages in between.

We will be reviewing the structure of the College timetable regularly and will initially offer subsidised, half termly passes.  These will be available via the online BrockShop from late-July and learners eligible for the Discretionary Bursary will receive a further 50% discount.

Our new, half termly passes will be priced to reflect travel 2 days p/week and will also be valid for travel on the Blue Star 6, 8 & 9 and the More Bus X1/X2, X3 & X6 public services.

Go South Coast have re-configured our buses to ensure all safety guidelines are met; please follow on-bus guidance and ensure you wear a face covering whilst travelling.  Daily single and return fares will be available on all our buses (cashless payment preferred).

The 2019/20 bus timetables have been provided at the base of this page as an indication of journey duration.  The 2020/21 bus timetables will be published late-July and will both reflect the later start time and ensure a more staggered arrival at Brockenhurst.

For details please email



Click to open full size map in new tab


Travelling by train

We recommend students under 18 obtain the new 16-17 Railcard. This railcard was introduced for 2019, costs just £30 per year and affords a 50% discount on most ticket types (including singles, returns and season tickets).

*16-17 Saver Railcard*

Whilst we previously sold termly rail passes, these discounted season passes were priced by SWR on 7 day p/week validity and would not be cost effective with our new, compact timetable.



Walking between the station and the College takes just 7 minutes


Travelling to Marchwood

To facilitate the extended day at the Marchwood Skills Centre (0900 – 1530 hrs), we will be operating a connecting shuttle service from Totton rail station through to Marchwood.  This Totton shuttle will replace the 483 service that previously operated from Brockenhurst to Marchwood and the departure from Totton will coincide with rail arrivals from the wider Bournemouth and Southampton areas.

Learners travelling from the Hythe and Waterside area will be able to use the *BlueStar 8* service to access Marchwood.

Learners from Nursling, Shirley, Millbrook, Redbridge, Totton and Hounsdown can access Marchwood via the Brock C17 bus and connecting shuttle service.

The shuttle timetable will be published alongside the College bus timetables late-July and will include recommendations as to which trains offer the fastest journey.

Construction student in warehouse

Travelling by car

2020/21 parking permits for our large student car park will be available via the online Brock Shop from August 2020 at a cost £75.

A one-way system is in place – all drivers must enter the site via the main College entrance and leave via North Road.


Travel for International Students

International students who will be completing a full academic year at the College will have a travel pass included in their fees, this may differ for those only completing a short term course.

You can check your entitlement below.


2019/20 Travel Information

Travelling to Brock 2019/20


Parents wishing to report absences can do so by emailing or calling.

01590 625530

Travel enquiries

01590 625533