Do you enjoy applying science and maths to real world problems? Are you interested in how things are made? If so, then you could have what it takes to succeed in the field of engineering.
By choosing this course, among other things, you can develop your skills with hand tools and learn how to operate machinery safely.
As a student you will have access to a whole range of equipment including centre lathes and vertical milling machines.
You will also work on strengthening your maths and science skills, as well as building and testing electronic circuits.
Why choose Brock for Engineering Level 2 Technical Diploma?
At Brock we give you industry-experienced teachers and first class facilities to help you get your engineering career off the ground.
You will learn in a helpful and friendly environment where you will receive all the support you need.
As a result, you can obtain a decent foundation for your future in the dynamic and rewarding field of engineering.
Teaching & learning
This programme is a 60/40 split between practical learning and theoretical learning. You will need to perform well in both areas in order to achieve success.
Approximately 60% of your time will be spent in the engineering workshop, learning how to use a range of engineering tools and equipment through various projects.
The remainder of your time will be spent in the classroom learning the basic principles and theories associated with engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Acquire a solid introduction to the world of engineering by discovering what it means to work in this diverse field.
- Develop both your written and practical skills in order to prepare for an apprenticeship.
- Improve your GCSE grades so you can progress onto Engineering Level 3.
- Gain the knowledge and skills you need to produce components using lathes, milling machines and hand tools.
- Learn important principles associated with the materials and manufacturing processes that are commonly used to make everyday objects.
- Build and test electronic circuits and simulate circuits using computer software.
Minimum entry requirements
Four GCSEs grade D or grade 3 to include:
- English language
What can I do with this qualification?
Thanks to this qualification you can open doors to a number of new opportunities. For example, your new knowledge and skills could lead to you securing an apprenticeship.
Alternatively, you may feel ready to pursue a Level 3 qualification in order to become more highly qualified. This in turn could enable you to study at university.
Brockenhurst Basketball academy is a great environment and has helped me improve as a player physically and mentally, the level of coaching is among the top in the UK and this shows with the success the academy has had each year. Academically I have achieved a lot because of the academy motivating me to play.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C