You can take a big step towards securing a managerial role in hospitality thanks to this apprenticeship opportunity.
Hospitality managers generally specialise in one area; however, their core knowledge, skills and behaviours show distinct commonalities.
Individuals in this role are highly-motivated leaders that combine a talent for management with specific industry skills and thrive on the customer-facing nature of the role.
Hospitality Managers generally have a high level of responsibility and are accountable for achieving business objectives, which requires excellent business, people and customer relation skills.
This apprenticeship is suitable for you if you are working in a bar, restaurant, café, conference centre, banqueting venue, hotel, cruise ship or private household. It is also suitable for you if you have been offered such a role.
Why choose Brock for Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship Level 4?
At Brockenhurst College we will support you with a dedicated team of kitchen, management and front-of-house assessors, all of whom have many years of professional experience in hospitality.
As mentors, they will help give you the knowledge and advice you need to reach your full potential.
Teaching & learning
Teaching will be delivered on a one-to-one basis for at least one hour at each meeting. The information will be logged in a format that can be retrieved for later use either manually or electronically.
Your college assessor will be a key source of support throughout the programme. If you are falling short, then together you will develop a one-to-one programme of upskilling in practical tasks, behaviours and knowledge.
Your assessor will visit you every two to three weeks in the workplace to support you in gathering evidence to map into your portfolio/eportfolio.
This will enable you to work towards fulfilling the course criteria and planning for your End Point Assessment.
Twenty-per-cent of your training will be off-the-job training, which typically includes visits, research and work shadowing.
As a learner you will cover the following areas:
- Business, including understanding how to use relevant operating models to help achieve the business vision and objectives of hospitality businesses and how these are used in your area of business.
- People, including understanding how to create a people strategy and how to effectively manage recruitment, induction, team development and succession planning in a hospitality business.
- Customers, including determining the customer service journey and understanding how to meet expectations while considering business requirements.
- Leadership, including understanding management and leadership styles as well as the skills required in a hospitality business environment.
Minimum entry requirements
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 or above.
- Functional Skills Maths and English will be included in your programme if you have not achieved at least GCSE grade 4.
- Experience in a supervisory role is desirable.
How will I be assessed?
There is a focus on continuous assessment throughout your learning. You will also complete an End Point Assessment (EPA)
The EPA is an essential part of this qualification. Once the gateway criteria have been achieved you will plan and prepare for the EPA alongside your employer and assessor.
The EPA consists of the following three components:
- On-demand theory test (90 minutes).
- Business project.
- Professional discussion (90 minutes).
All assessment activities must be completed within two months.
What can I do with this Apprenticeship?
With this qualification on your CV you will be a more suitable candidate for roles with more responsibility.
You might also consider furthering your career by completing a Level 5 qualification in Corporate Management.