Do you want a career in the dynamic and ever-changing world of IT? If so, this course will give you the hand-up you need to break into the IT industry.
As well as a recognised qualification on paper, this Extended Diploma will give you knowledge and skills that will help you better harness the power of information and communications technology.
Like many of our students, you could be surprised at the breadth of academic opportunities and career pathways that studying this subject brings.
After all, computer technology is pervasive in the modern world and your ability to use it at a high level will make you an important member of any professional team.
Why choose Brock for Information Technology Level 3 Extended Diploma?
At Brock our IT and Computer Science department is equipped with up-to-date hardware and software, which means you will learn using exactly the kind of IT assets you will find in the modern workplace.
All IT teaching staff are subject specialists who have specific areas of interest and expertise.
Thanks to their wealth of industry knowledge and teaching experience, you will learn by completing realistic tasks that mirror those in modern workplaces.
Teaching & learning
Our approach to learning on this course is very practical, with lessons generally organised as workshops or computer laboratories.
As the content of this course sits at the cutting edge of developments in the IT industry, you can expect to use technologies and techniques that are innovative and new.
To help you grow as a learner and IT specialist we will encourage you to work independently within a framework of structured support.
- Learn about the fundamentals of IT, giving you the grounding knowledge employers want to see in new recruits.
- Explore the nature of global information and cloud computing, bringing you up-to-date with the modern world of IT.
- Study cyber security in order to protect your systems against malicious threats.
- Choose from a range of options to discover more about IT areas that particularly interest you.
- Gain an insight into the internet of everything, examining the impact of people, society and security.
- Explore potential ideas for new application development from design through to prototyping.
Minimum entry requirements
Five GCSEs at grade 4 and above to include:
- English language
What can I do with this qualification?
By successfully completing this qualification you will become a more suitable candidate for employment and higher-level apprenticeships across the full spectrum of industries – not just IT.
You may also use this qualification to get into university, where you may choose to study a degree or HND course.
Past students have forged careers in areas that include: ICT, business, website development, game development and network engineering.
I enjoy the Academy, it does not just give you a chance to play football but an opportunity to make new friends.
Overall A Level pass rate
Of students gained A* to B
Of students gained A* to C