Performing Arts & Music Academy
Our Performing Arts & Music Academy gives you even more opportunities to develop your talents in music, dance, acting and singing.
You will also be able to improve your overall performance skills alongside likeminded people who will help you make the step up to a professional or semi-professional level.
At Brock we are well-equipped to give you an outstanding music and performing arts education experience.
Our facilities include a 100-seat theatre, a main hall performance space, a recording studio, four sound studios, two sprung dance studios, three rehearsal studios, props and costume areas, two Mac suites, and two lighting and sound gantries.
We have many specialist music tutors who come into the College to deliver one-to-one lessons. You can take grades in your chosen instrument and/or voice at an additional cost.
We run a series of performance-related trips designed to inspire you and help you learn from others. Your teachers will expect you to attend at least two trips a year.
Trips include visits to:
- The Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford-upon-Avon.
- New York to watch musicals on Broadway and take part in performance workshops.
- London’s West End and local theatres to watch plays, musicals and concerts.
You will have plenty of opportunities to gain additional performance experience through numerous college productions.
You can also choose to work for the College’s Marketing Department as a Student Ambassador, earning credits you can spend on campus.
Both options will give you valuable material for your growing CV.
As an Academy member we will expect you to participate in at least TWO relevant Enrichment opportunities.
These could include:
- Choir, through which you will be able to learn and sing in a range of musical styles including pop, musical theatre and close harmony.
- Dance Company, through which you can audition to join our accomplished dance troupe, and choreograph and perform a range of works.
- Classical Production, through which you will work to create a touring production of a Shakespeare play or other classical work.
- LAMDA, through which you can work on your acting skills by placing special emphasis on developing your vocal skills and characterisation abilities.
- Brock Studio Sessions, through which you can combine song writing and recording to create original recorded entertainment.
- Music Theory, through which you can improve your music reading skills and gain new composing abilities.
- Musical Production, through which you will participate in delivering a sophisticated musical production.