Performing Arts & Music Academy
Our Performing Arts & Music Academy gives you even more opportunities to develop your talents in music, dance, acting and singing. You will also be able to improve your overall performance skills alongside like-minded people who will help you make the step up to a professional or semi-professional level.
At Brock we are well-equipped to give you an outstanding music and performing arts experience.
Our facilities include a 100-seat theatre, a main hall performance space, a recording studio, four sound studios, two sprung dance studios, three rehearsal studios, props and costume areas, two Mac suites, and two lighting and sound gantries.
We have many visiting tutors who come in to deliver one-to-one lessons. You can also improve your instrumental technique and take grades in your chosen instrument or voice at an additional cost.
We run a series of performance-related trips designed to inspire you and help you learn from others. You will be expected to participate in at least two
trips a year.
Trips include visits to:
- Stratford-upon-Avon, where the Royal Shakespeare Company has its base.
- New York, where you will watch musicals on Broadway and take part in performance workshops.
- London’s West End and local theatres to see the latest plays, musicals, concerts
You will have plenty of opportunities to gain additional performance experience through numerous college productions that take place each year.
You can also choose to work for the College’s Marketing Department as a Student Ambassador, earning credits you can spend on campus. Both options will give you valuable material for your growing CV.
As an Academy member we will expect you to participate in at least TWO relevant Enrichment opportunities.
These could include:
- Rock choir through which you will be able to learn and sing a range of musical styles including pop, musical theatre and close
- Dance Company where you can audition to join our accomplished dance troupe, and choreograph and perform a range of works.
- Production where you can audition to be in our college musical ‘Return to the Forbidden Planet’ and our college touring play ‘Macbeth’.
- LAMDA through which you can work on your acting skills by placing special emphasis on developing vocal skills and characterisation abilities.
- Brock Studio where you can combine song-writing and recording to create original recorded entertainment.
- Music Theory through which you can improve your music reading skills and gain new composing abilities.