At Brockenhurst College we have a long history of strong results across the STEM subjects. In fact, almost 52% of our STEM students have progressed to Russell Group universities in recent years.
You can apply to be part of the STEM academy at during your enrolment appointment.
What are the advantages?
Our STEM Academy is designed to support students studying science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), and promote high achievement.
So if you are considering a career in science, engineering, medicine, veterinary science, or any other STEM-related area, then this opportunity to gain added support for your learning is definitely one for you.
Being part of our STEM Academy means you will have opportunities to participate in extra activities including competitions, trips and talks by visiting
Here are some examples of recent opportunities:
- British Science Week with a range of visiting speakers.
- Community volunteer programme for medics and vets.
- Educational trips to Iceland, Switzerland (CERN) and elsewhere.
- Medical Matters Enrichment.
- Physics and Biology Challenges and Olympiads.
- Robotics Club.
- Subject conferences.
- Support with special papers like BMAT, MAT and STEP.
- UK Senior Maths Challenges (Individual and Team) and Olympiad.
- University of Southampton Ambassadors’ programme.